Harrassment and threats - TRO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester1

Need some advice on how to proceed with the situation I'm in.

I lived in New Hampshire about seven years ago before moving to Georgia. About three days ago a "friend" that I'd known when I lived there contacted me on Facebook using someone else's account. He was 17 at the time (I was 35 or so) He posted on my Wall and accussed me of stealing some sporting goods from him. I deleted the post and removed the friend.

He then sent me a private message threatining me to do harm to me if and when he found me. I reported him to Facebook.

The next day I got an email from him, again threating me with harm if I didn't return the items he believes I took when I moved.

That same day he contacted my sister on Facebook via a message and called me every name in the book and promised to rearrange my face, etc. when he found me. He told her she'd better warn me of what he was going to do to me when he found me.

The next day I get a message on my phone at work from him. I have no idea how he found out where I worked, and I haven't listened to it yet.

Later that day I check my messages on a forum and he found me there and sent me a message telling me that he knows where I work and that he is going to call every extention at my office and tell everyone all about me, etc. Plus he tells me he has family here in Georgia and that they will hunt me down.

A single message on Facebook I don't care about, but two others where he threatens me, then sending an extremely hateful message to my sister, and then the last bit where he is threating me and my livelyhood, I feel that I need to take action against him now.

I haven't responded to anything from him because he never asked me anything, he just came at me accusing me and threating me with physical harm. I didn't feel responding was appropriate considering his threats of violence.

So my question is, what should I do and how do I go about doing it? I researched a TRO but will that apply since we are across the country? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I've not gotten a response, just curious, did I post this in the wrong forum?

Need help, he's continuing to harrass me! Got another email and another voicemail.

Thanks.....

I've not gotten a response, just curious, did I post this in the wrong forum?

Need help, he's continuing to harrass me! Got another email and another voicemail.

Thanks.....

I'm not sure how enforceable a TRO will be across states.

You could retain an attorney to draft a cease and desist letter. It might be enough to scare him.

Or, if you did take his sporting goods, you can reimburse him.

I'll look into the cease and desist. I don't believe I took his stuff, and certainly not what he's claiming. Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back