Harrassing Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnoyedinLa

I was just wondering if you can bring a suit against a neighbor for harrassment. We have lived in our neighborhood for about two years now and our neighbors are always calling the cops or harrassing my kids or doing something to us because they dont like us. The final straw was last night. My fiance has a racecar and he was working on it and they called the cops because they didnt like it. Not to mention another guy down the road has a full blown drag car and they never say a word to him for cranking his up they only have a problem with ours. The cops came out and we were within the legal limits of the law and noise ordinance. It was 7:00pm and the cop had his decible meter with him so he took a reading on it and it was below the legal limit and we hadnt done anything against the law. After the one cop left (the one that was very helpful) The other cop that has responded to another call from our neighbors a couple of weeks ago because my son and another neighbors kid thought that they had seen someone in the people across the streets house while they were out of town. My room mate was outside with the kids while I was taking a shower and by the time I got out there, there were three grown adults standing over my son screaming at him and by the time the cops got here they had changed their story to my son had broke into the house and went inside. Which the cops checked the house and it was locked up tight so there was no way he could have opened the door. While the police were here my next door neighbor was completely smashed. He had been drinking all day long. Well I was trying to talk to him to find out what was going on because I wasnt getting any answers out of anyone else. Well he started getting really rude and loud with me and my roommate and told the cops that if they didnt come up there and stop us from coming in his side of the yard(which I wasnt in his yard I was standing in my yard)Anyway he acted like he was gonna jump on us adn then turned to the cop and said that there was fixing to be a fight. The cops did nothing and let him act like this. They will not quit harrassing us. Everyone else in this neighborhood is allowed to ride their 4-wheelers or go karts and no one calls the cops but the second we bring ours out the cops are called. It really is getting rediculous and Im hoping that there is something I can do to stop tem from harrassing us. Its getting to the point to where I cant let my kids out to play without one of the neighbors starting something with them. Please help and if I cant bring a harrassment suit against them is there anything else I can do.
Thanks so much for your time and help
Sincerely,
Shauna

Q: I was just wondering if you can bring a suit against a neighbor for harrassment?

A: Yes. Set aside $30K and three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back