harrassing call

Status
Not open for further replies.

notmydebt

i was awakened ( i work the graveyard shift) by a bill collector who asked for my daughter (who has not lived here for over 10 years.) He asked if i would give her a message and i said i would, but do not call this number again. He became rude and he said a claim was turned over to him and that he was going to keep calling back . I hung up the phone and he called right back. I asked for his name and told him not to keep calling , i hung up and he called again@ 9:42am and left the same message and his name. Is there nany thing i can do to stop the harrassing calls?

If you can find out the address as to where he is calling from, you can send a cease & desist letter telling him to longer contact you. You should send it registered mail, return receipt requested & keep a copy of the letter.

The simplest way to deal with these collectors is to ignore them. Make use of caller ID and don't answer calls you don't recognize. Don't respond to messages.
The more contact they have with you the more they will call back. If they have no contact they will stop calling and move on to someone else.

i was awakened ( i work the graveyard shift) by a bill collector who asked for my daughter (who has not lived here for over 10 years.) He asked if i would give her a message and i said i would, but do not call this number again. He became rude and he said a claim was turned over to him and that he was going to keep calling back . I hung up the phone and he called right back. I asked for his name and told him not to keep calling , i hung up and he called again@ 9:42am and left the same message and his name. Is there nany thing i can do to stop the harrassing calls?

The more you argue with these bottom feeders, the more they'll harass you.

That said, ignoring them works.

You can also BLOCK their numbers on some carriers.

You can buy devices that will block dozens of numbers.

You can change your number, and don't give it to anyone.

Its also never a good idea to agree to do anything for those scavengers, that only encourages them.

thanks , i filed a complaint with the ftc, and after speaking with one of your paralegales, the calls stopped. the only thing he gave me was a name .Ben White, claim number and phone number to call 866-940-4636.

Glad the calls stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back