Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Harrasing Phone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

This is a recap of my older post, as well as an update of what has occured since then, and ofcource what I should do now.

State: Kentucky

About 3 1/2 years ago I had sex with a women that I had known for a month or so. She was friends with my friend and it just happened one night while we were alone. I did have a girl at the time and made the wrong choice. I ended it right after that with the girl I had sex with and never had a relationship with her.

Now, here we are almost 4 years later I'm married to the girl I cheated on and we have a child and another on the way.

About 3 months ago my wife and I started getting phone calls at all hours of the day. As late at midnight and as early as 5AM. It got old really quick so we called the phone company. The phone company instructed me to call the police to put the wheels in motion. An officer came out to our apartment and I filled out some paper and I was given a call log with phone number to log the calls on the paper and then on a machine with the phone company.

I did this untill I went beyond the space provided on the call log and untill the calls started to turn into more. They called one night and made refference to condoms several times during the call. The nex morning there was a used condom outside the door. And over the next few days they started to leave letter outside the door as well. So I went ahead and called the phone company to see how they were doing on the traces. Thats when I find out that they were unable to trace any call that I had logged and that there techs were stumped as to why they were unable to trace them.

I called the police and told them and they gave me to a detective to work with. The more the person said during the calls the more I realized that it was the person who I had the sexual encounter with that I stated at the begining of this story. So I called around and was able to get her phone number. I gave it to the police along with the notes left outside the door.

The calls stopped after that for about 2 weeks and the police said they called the number that I gave them and closed the case. About a week later they started calling again saying "Your going to regret it" So obviosly I had the right person and right phone number. I called the police to tell them it was continuing and over the cource of 3 weeks and 4 messages left for there detective they ignored every attemp I made to contact them.

We ended up filling bankruptcy and moving a few cities away to stay with my wifes grandmother to save up some money and move back out. We were there for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden they started calling out there! Saying that we can never hide and they will find us wherever we go. I went to the police of this city and they told me they could do nothing about it and to go down to the courthouse and see what they can do.

So I go down to the courthouse and they direct me to Mediation. Mediation tells me they can't do anything because I don't have the persons last name or address or enough proof to file against her.

Now I know what shes doing is against the law yet she seems to have been given the green light to continue to do it and I'm pretty much being told to live with it. I work untill midnight and these people have already shown they come to the residence as well, and my wife and son are home alone. We can't figure out how they get the private phone numbers or the residence of where we live or move too. I feel so stuck and so livid that theres nothing I can do!

Please help.

A question -- how do you expect the law to do something against a person you can't identify?

If you have received harrassing phone calls, you need to keep a log and you should contact your local phone company to determine how they trace/track harrassing calls. There is a number to dial which notes each harrassing call that you receive and, if there is a pattern, they will hand it over to the police. You will typically have to agree to press charges in advance.= to do so.

Well like I said the phone company has told me they cannot trace the calls I log of them calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back