Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct harassment???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle_paul

OK ill try to keep to the point here
so last year my neighbor puts her house up for sale .well it isn't selling so she calls the city on me cause i work on 1930 s cars in my garage as a Hobie and she blames me for her house not selling saying I'm running a business and what not. so i stop working cause i don't want to get my dad trouble cause its his house i live with him..

so here where my questions begin

up to date now
neighbor takes her house off the market for a year

now about 2 weeks ago I'm leaving my house i drive down to the the corner . i live off a busy street 35 mph st so cars are doing 50 mph i take off and screech my tires the neighbor comes over and yells at my dad and said i did a burn out in front of her real estate agent .then goes on saying she didn't report me to the city her real estate agent did ..

then today
she comes over starts yelling at my dad saying if she don't sell her house she gonna sue him for harassment . because i came out of my back yard and there were two guys standing on the side walk looking up my garage and i said . do you guys need something what are you starring in my garage for .. the replayed were looking at the house for sale . can she really sue me for this

these are the potential buyers of the house

she claims i said what the f--- are u guy looking . as what her real estate agent told her .and then goes on to tell me her real estate was the agent

my question is what should i do . can i file a harassment complaint against her ?

can she really sue me ?

did i do any thing wrong asking the two guys what the wanted ?

I'm asking all this cause i want to protect my father and myself against the lady

also she and i haveent even talked for atleast 6 months if that helps any . she just has something against me

thanks for any info
kyle

She'd have to prove quite a bit, but it's actually her that's harrasing you. I would say keep right on as you are. In fact, I would start right back in working on the cars (I would never have stopped).

I would go ahead and file the complaint against her. Name EVERY little thing her or her agent has done or said. She's probably pretty apt to shut up after that, and once the house sells, you can decide if you want to drop the suit or not.

She'd have to prove quite a bit, but it's actually her that's harrasing you. I would say keep right on as you are. In fact, I would start right back in working on the cars (I would never have stopped).

I would go ahead and file the complaint against her. Name EVERY little thing her or her agent has done or said. She's probably pretty apt to shut up after that, and once the house sells, you can decide if you want to drop the suit or not.

well as far as the cars go i was told by the city i had to stop cause i was not zoned for it . but i am working with the city to see what exzactly i can do so i can re start . the said i was runnning a business thats why i got in trouble now im trying to show them all the cars were mine and registered to me withch were two cars over two years .this is being handled now

if i file a complaint on here can it come back to haunt me or be turned on my dad or my self .i dont have alot of money so i dont want a law suit and cant afford one.
who would i file a complaint with ?

the house is pending now and is susposed to be sold by the 31 ,but she just kicking up stuff before she moves,and is gonna blame me if it doesent sell cause what i said to the two guy that might by the house .. not to mention shes asking 700gs and a house directly behinde hers sold for 440gs

thanks

You could actually file in small claims court, and you don't need a lawyer. However you could also check with one of the personal injury attorneys that is on TV or the radio. They normally have a free consultation, and also normally charge you by taking a percentage of you settlement, and many don't charge if you loose the case. Just ask them. They understand why you are asking as many people would not be able to pay fees up front.

The main thing is the consultation. They may not even want to take the case because you may not get much and hence it may not be worth their time, but they can probably help you better figure out what to sue for, and what to bring up.

What I would do at this point is this.

First contact the lawyer and do the consultation. That way you will have the information you need.

Then see what happens with the sale. If it does go through, then just be done with her and move on. If the sale falls through, then proceed with legal action. The key is to file you suit before she can file hers, which is why you need to see the lawyer now. If the sale falls through, you need to act ASAP. You bringing a suit first is going to throw her off guard, and then her recourse would be a countersuit, but that's OK. Let her do it.

Whoever points a finger first is usually the one believed more. It's true that the judge will sort things out, however it still kind of tips things a little more favorably for you because it will make it look more like she's the one causing the problems and her countersuit is just retaliation or the like.

If she files first she gets that advantage. Again, a judge will sort things out, but even the judge is human.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back