Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Harassment Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaDev

I recently moved to NY state and my husband still has a probate matter in MA. We recently received a myspace message from a relative of the child. She found his myspace page and emailed him, he fired back and then blocked her from emailing hm. She then went and found mine and emailed me. Now I responded because there is a child envolved and I wanted to set things straight, she replied again, and then I replied back to her to stop using myspace for this, well the last message she sent, she stated libel things against my husband and I want to know if I can press charges or have these false claims investagated? I don't know how to send the emails, but I did print them, if you want to see them.

The relative of WHAT child? Why did you engage her? You should have done what the child did -- block her!

If your husband feels she has libeled him, he can get an attorney and try to sue her, but be prepared to spend LOTS of money and time doing it.

Even if there is a libel issue unless you can show "damages" dont expect anything! From what I read I see no damages. Damages are lost of income, job, physical harm etc

If the e-mails were to you and not posted on the internet, I don't see that libel is even an issue. An individual can generally make all the accusations they want to you in private without incurring any liability for damaging your reputation.

I also do not see any criminal act here.

Sorry, but I don't think this is a real problem. If you don't want to hear from her, direct any e-mail from her to a spam folder and have done with it.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back