Harassing Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kllockett

I am being harrassed in my apartment. Its been going on ever since ive moved here. ive been here for about a month. I think the people renting next door also under me are probably pot heads or bad on their luck, which has nothing to do with me but i notice they are their all day everyday..... Which is still not my problem neither do i care but that causes them to repeat what i say alllll day and it turns to a game all day. The walls are not real concrete so you can hear much easier... Their is a man/female renting on opposite side of me but i think she is female but she repeats me consistently all day to where it affects my happiness, peace in my place. example i wake up in the morning give a few seconds, they notice im up then it starts and goes on literally 24 hours a day. She may be jealous of me as well, i don;t know.... Its very annoying. They can hear what ever i discuss over here and most of the time plays with it. Its very old by now and i have to stay here for about 7 mths.... my lease doesn;t end until thn. Im having the issue with the neigbor under me as well bcs once he hears it he joins in as well. Ive notice them on the other end walking on the floor the same i do, its hard to explain but you can tell when someone is just harrassing you or bothering you to tick you off. I notice coming in the other day , i was taking groceries out and i noticed one of the boys there ive called the police on , not sure if it s him come down the steps then walk up the steps the same time i do..Its like a bunch of kid behavior that is send me into crazy world. I do a lot of talking from my place so they start talking when i get on the phone. Its very annoying...Its like babysitting someone grown old kids on their own... SO big problem is they repeat me , cut in when i say a certain work, whine consistenly everyday . just childish behavior that is including me in their life consistenly. ive complained to the managment office but they are treating it as if it renting in apartment world and you will hear noise from people next to you as well as call the police dept several time. There are kids outside of the window that makes noise like crazy, yelling etc... and they try to play with them which in turns affects me bcs their noise level gets a little crazy... I am not sure what route at this point to take i don;t wanna move into another apartment here bcs it takes time away from me and my job etc.... any suggestion. im at the point i am about to file certain items i may have to go to court for ..... help me please.... let me add its not that they are talking to someone else in their place or on the phone.. i wish they were gone so it takes them out of my hair

You have to be more thick skinned. You're living in a cheaply built apartment, apparently. When you live in an apartment community, your privacy expectations shoukd disappear.

You can move to another unit. You don't want to do that.

You can ask to break your lease, early. Then you could move far away. That, however, will be costly.

Other than that, all you can do is ignore those idiots, or play your stereo when you are home. You could also stay away more. You have nothing on which to bring a legal action in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back