Harassing Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debeaux

I am new here, so please bear with me if am not following the proper rules of this forum.

My problem is that my next door neighbor continues to harass my family with no provocation from us.

It all started with the female next door calling my house and accusing my wife of sleeping with her boyfriend. She has called several times, the last time being a few weeks ago that resulted in a yelling match over the fence.(yeah, I know, not very bright on our part)

We then blocked their phone number so we would not receive any more calls and hoped that would be the end of it. Unfortunately that was not the case. Yesterday we were visited by Code Enforcement investigating a report of trash strewn all over the backyard. The Code Enforcement agent found no violation.

We are convinced the our neighbor was the one who called Code Enforcement, as they are the only people who have a view of our backyard.

This is the last straw! I have refrained from any retaliation thus far, as I don't want this thing to escalate. We have tried to ignore her with hopes that she would just stop, but this has become more and more difficult because she just won't stop. My wife cannot even go outside our door without feeling uncomfortable, and that is just wrong.

Do we have any legal recourse.

Harrasing Neighbor

I have a neighbor that will not leave my family alone neither. He has called the cops on anything possible. We had the cops here because the kids parked their bikes on the sidewalk (infront of our home), he called about the dog barking (she only barks when someone is around the house), he threatened to give her antifreeze...then we spent over $1000 to put a fence up so he can not see into our yard and now he called the Humane Society saying that we do not feed our dog. They found nothing wrong with her. Now he keeps on video taping my kids when they are playing. I have asked him over and over to stop and he just totally ignores me and keeps taping them! I need to know if it is illegal for him to video tape them.

I wonder if that would be a form of invasion of privacy... depending on where they are when they are videotaped... maybe. If they are inside that $1000 fence... is it a privacy fence? I would check on it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back