Harassing Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmtal

My boyfriend and I recently moved in to a condo complex nine months ago. Since then, we have had two extremely threatening confrontations with our neighbor concerning noise. My boyfriend and I understand the bylaws, and do not have parties or loud music/tv playing after 10 p.m. We are very consciencious about this. Early in Sept. we were watching tv around 11 p.m. and all of a suddeen we heard a noise that sounded like a shotgun blasting through our front door. Our neighbor next to us was in the hallway screaming at the top of his lungs that we were too loud and we were crazy. He was out of control. We let the incident go and deduced it to a mistake on his part, thinking that we were the ones making the noise.

Last night, we were doing the same thing - watching tv at a very low volume, around 11 p.m. We heard the same noise on our door. This time, my boyfriend opened the door and asked what his problem was. Our neighbor proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs at my boyfriend and step into the threshhold of our condo, cursing and telling us we were driving him crazy with the noise. He proceeded to scream and curse for a good 20 minutes as we reasonably tried to work something out with him. He left in a huff, and I know this is not the end of seeing him at my door.

In between these instances, we have received two noise complaints through the mail, and we will be fined for the next one. I don't so much as wash a dish after 10 p.m. in fear of this neighbor harassing us. But if he's harassing us when we're not even doing anything, I'm not really sure what to do next. I would appreciate some advice on this matter. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back