Harassed by two neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysia

Hello,
I need help and advise. I have a neighbor who hates me. The problem started when I discovered she was cutting my flowers and taking things from my patio. I left her a note (very polite but firm) asking her to stop. Since then she was doing everything to make me move out. Her boyfriend keeps practicing drums in the apartment. They throw cat poop into my yard. She left 'vulgar hate notes' on my door. She also turned against me a new neighbor who just moved in (I never even spoken to her). Now both started to send letters to my landlord claiming that I make noise (throw things in my apartment), speed in the alley, slam the door, run water (!) all night just so she can't sleep, and the most recent, that I put bread (yes, BREAD) all over her car! None of this is true. I live alone so I don't have anyone who could confirm that any of these accusations are false. I already got a note from my landlord who threatened to evict me and several phone calls letting me know that my neighbor keeps on complaining. The landlord also tried to put the pressure on me to move to another apartment they own because I always pay my rent on time. I asked my landlord to ask the neighbor who is complaining to provide the proof: either the video tape of me throwing bread into her yard and onto her car; the video tape or a testimony of another (neutral) eye witness of me speeding in the alley, the tape of the noise coming from my apartment, the police report, etc. They did not provide any proof because they don't have it, since I did not,and do not do any of the things they accuse me of. I have the following questions:
Can the landlord evict me just based on the letters from these two neighbors without any tangible proof of my 'wrong-doings'? (I have no issues with any other neigbors and they like me). Does my neighbor's behavior and actions constitute 'Intentional infliction of emotional distress'? How can I defend myself? I do not want to be evicted, nor sue anybody. I am just trying to survive the situation until I get enough money to move. I can't afford to do it right now. I am getting very stressed out because of this situation (I can't sleep, and I am sick to my stomach a lot). Please advise. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back