Harassed and arrested

Shelib80

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hi there, I trying to help a good friend of mine, my friend is in jail waiting to hear what his future holds . With a long story short he loaned a friend in need some money, This guy offered him a truck for the money owed with a title and bill of sale. My friend took the truck as the payment he put it up for sale online, awhile later he ran into the guy again and ended up getting another vehicle from him, this vehicle he took down to the DMV and tried to get it registered. Come to find out the vehicle is stolen along with a altered title. Cops came made a statement, now the first truck he put online to sell, well the original owners seen it reported it stolen. They issued a warrant and he was arrested, later released on bond. Arrested again on Monday for self defense against a man again owed him money for a bike that he purchased, but didn't finish paying for. My friend processed to ask for payment of $200 the man got mad pulled out a gun, sprayed him with pepper spray, bashed him in the head a few times with a mag light, when my friend got free he grabbed the first thing he seen was a piece of pipe. The fight was broke up when someone yelled I'm calling the police. The man that started the fight got on his motorcycle and drove away. My friend got in the car and drove away, a couple hours later the guy went to the hospital. While in the hospital the doctor's made a police report Which resulted in a pickup order for my friend. He is trying to press charges on the other man but is currently in protective custody unit at the Land O'Lakes jail Pasco County Florida please tell me you can help me

Your friend needs a lawyer & needs to talk only to the lawyer.

Your friend needs a lawyer & needs to talk only to the lawyer.
This is your friend's problem. Not yours. Stay out of it.

You might also consider adjust your standards in picking friends.

Wow... Thanks buddy. I don't know where you received your law degree, but might I say Thank you for your compassion and empathy. Now I'm not real sure if you have ever had a run of bad luck or just a few bad things happen, maybe you lost a job or a girlfriend, wife, grandma, hell could you imagine having to bury your child bc the young man was at the wrong place at the wrong time? ( pumping gas and being mixed in the cross fire.) After having to bury his son and still try to live his life as if the whole world didn't stop that day. This man has a heart of gold and would help anyone in need and then realizing sometimes having a good heart can put you in alot of tough situations. Trying to make the best decision when his mind was clouded by anger and sadness. I guess he was trying to do right by others to keep his mind occupied from the downward spiral that he hadn't a clue has already begun...
Point of the story; You should never judge a book by its cover.
You haven't a clue what one person is going through at that moment, to be in the situation they are in. Bad things happen to good people.
Just for the record we have a few different Lawyers that want to take the case two even spoke of pro bono..

You don't need help. Your "friend" does. If you want to help him pay for his attorney.

Wow... Thanks buddy. I don't know where you received your law degree, but might I say Thank you for your compassion and empathy. Now I'm not real sure if you have ever had a run of bad luck or just a few bad things happen, maybe you lost a job or a girlfriend, wife, grandma, hell could you imagine having to bury your child bc the young man was at the wrong place at the wrong time? ( pumping gas and being mixed in the cross fire.) After having to bury his son and still try to live his life as if the whole world didn't stop that day. This man has a heart of gold and would help anyone in need and then realizing sometimes having a good heart can put you in alot of tough situations. Trying to make the best decision when his mind was clouded by anger and sadness. I guess he was trying to do right by others to keep his mind occupied from the downward spiral that he hadn't a clue has already begun...
Point of the story; You should never judge a book by its cover.
You haven't a clue what one person is going through at that moment, to be in the situation they are in. Bad things happen to good people.
Just for the record we have a few different Lawyers that want to take the case two even spoke of pro bono..

Back