Halfway house escape charge

Chicky72

Jurisdiction
New Hampshire
My boyfriend was in a halfway house and just walked away. He got arrested 3 weeks later so he returned to prison to finish out his bid. Now they haven't charged him with escape yet, and that carries a 3-7 year sentence.

He's suppose to finish his sentence in Dec 2016, and he still got no word on if they were going to charge him with escape. He said he was going to see if there was a warrant in the computer before he gets out because f there isn't then he said he will be able to be released.

A friend of ours found this out and said that he should be charged with the escape that they didn't forget about it. Their probably waiting till it gets closer to him being released and then he will go to court. Now our friend said that he was going to write a letter to the warden saying "This inmate has an escape charge, why aren't you charging him?, Your just going to let him go?".

I dont know if the warden has the authority to file the escape charge or to let the courts know. I don't know why our friend is doing this, I haven't spoken to him since he said he was going to do this. Does anyone have any answers to this? Thank you.

No one here has a crystal ball so no one can tell you what will happen.

Your "friend" made some serious mistakes and may have to pay for them.

Back