Hail damage discovered after new car sale...never disclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

limarc

I bought a new Hyundai 5 days ago while I was on vacation in Colorado. After returning to Iowa yesterday, I showed it to my daughter and her boyfriend, who is an auto mechanic/detailer. It took him all of 30 seconds to point out several dozen spots of hail damage and said that it had been repaired by a "paintless dent repair" method. Even though the dent is gone, you can still see the circular cracks in the finish. I'm extremely upset that this was NOT disclosed at the time of the sale. I double checked my paperwork for an "as-is" form and there was none. My question is, do I have ANY legal recourse? I LOVE this car and had planned on driving it a very long time but if it's going to have finish problems in the future, I want compensation OR a new car. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

Discuss your findings with the owner or general manager of the dealership.

See what they have to say.

They might be willing to agree to something.

See if you can work your own compromise.

Otherwise, if that fails, contact the Iowa Attorney General. They have a division to address these types of disputes.

Thanks. I've utilized the Attorney General on a matter involving a credit card scam and got great results. I'm sending photos of the damage to the owner of the dealership tomorrow and then we'll see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back