1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

H1B - Spouse"s employment options? H Visa

Discussion in 'Investment, Work Visa' started by sas404, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sas404

    sas404 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    My husband & I relocated to the US from the UK 2 years ago on an E2 visa through his UK employer. I got my work authorization card & got a full-time job:)
    Then my husband's company was sold to an Indian firm and we were told his Visa would be transferred to H1B status because India doesn't have a treaty investor agreement with the US so our E2 from the previous company will be invalid :(

    I work for a company which has its main office in London - when my work authorization expires and I transfer to H1B - can I continue to work if I transfer to the UK payroll & get my salary paid into my UK bank account?
    Or must I remain unemployed until we get a Green card approved ? Is there any other option I can explore (legally)...can I work part-time for cash etc?

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.