H Visa H1B Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heritageha

Hello ,I need a advice with my situation.... please help..
I have H1B visa which is expiring August 9th, my I 140 was approved last year. Company applied for the extention on H1 in Feb 07 ( 3rd H1B, finished 6th year), on June 25, I have received the approval notice ( I797). But there is error on the notice, the approval dates are August 9th 2007 thru August 30th 2007 ( for 3 weeks). My attorney has send USCIS a fax explaining the problem and asking for them to send us the approval notice with correct dates. It has been 2 weeks since the fax has been sent there is no responds until today. My questions are:
1)Is sending a fax to USCIS correct way?, is there any other way
2)What is the last day that I can work, August 9th, or August 30th?
3) what happends to after that day, can I still stay in the US or leave and wait responds from USCIS in my county?
4) I have been told that as long as application is pending I can keep working, but lawyer sent them a fax, there is no receipt number, no acknowledgement that they even received or processing the request.
5) What is the responds time from USCIS based on similar cases, since it is their mistake, is it faster , does it take months and months.
Thank you very much for your help.

This is not legal Advice!

Hey, please do not think I am being rude here.
I am presuming you have come here for reassurance to your application because if not what is your lawyer getting paid for?

To answer some of your questions

Yes you are fine. I personally would have made sure that someone at the USCIS sent me confirmation that they had my case at hand, as faxed documents can get lost or misplaced.
As for the time limit, you will not know as you are not even sure if they have your case at hand or have even received a copy.

Your quote: but lawyer sent them a fax, there is no receipt number, no acknowledgement that they even received or processing the request.

Answer: Ask your lawyer to call them and get confirmation after all you are paying him to work on you behalf.

Take care,, I am sure all will be fine but if in doubt get the confirmation you need from your lawyer.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back