Gurdianship/Conservatorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC123

Hello...

My dad was in a car accident that led to him being in coma. He can't walk or talk and has been in this state for 4 months. When he was admitted to the hospital, I was recognized as next to kin. The hospital called me for all matters concerning my father. When he came out of the coma, he was still could not talk, walk and remains still remains on a ventilator. The hospital asked me to make a decision to move him to a nursing home facility where he could receive on-going critical care. I agreed and made arrangements to have him moved to a nursing home. During all of this his family (mother, brothers, cousins and nieces) we very angry with me because I was named the next of kin and the hospital only took direction from me. Once he got to the nursing home, my dad's angry family contacted my dad's estranged wife who is Columbium and lives in Columbia, South America and advised her to call the nursing home to give them direction to remove my name as the point of contact for my dad and add his angry family members. His wife was denied entry into America by Immigration several times as Immigration has labeled their marriage fraudulent due to the fact the wife is 22 and my dad is 62. I would like to go to court and request Guardianships/Conservatorships to protect my father and his assets. Considering the wife is in South America and has been denied entry to America what legal recourse do I have as his daughter to gain Guardianships/Conservatorships?

I forgot to mention one thing the wife is embroiled in a criminal conspiracy in Columbia.

Please advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back