Weapons, Guns, Firearms Guns On The Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklynoutlaw

:) I'M WRITING A PAPER ON GUNS AND WHAT PROBLEMS THEY CAUSE ON THE STREETS I ALSO NEED TO KNOW WHAT SOLUTIONS ARE THERE TO GET THESE GUNS OFF THE STREETS AND WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP. WHAT MESSAGE CAN I GIVE A YOUNG ADULT ABOUT GUNS AND THE DANGER THEY PRESENT. IF U CAN HELP I ALSO NEED INFORMATION ON THE INCREASE AND DECREASE IN THE GUNS ON THE STREETS WITHIN THIS YEAR. THANK YOU

"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

I would be more than willing to argue that fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with guns on the streets.

Your problem doesn't lie in an inanimate metal object. You might as well say, "I'm writing a paper on rocks and what problems they cause on the streets..." The problems lies in the operator.

If you are saying you want to take guns away from 'certain' operators, then you are saying you want to take the (All-American) Second Amendment to the Constitution away from 'certain' people. In effect depriving 'certain' people of their liberties. Generally speaking, this isn't accepted well by the American people as a whole. The quick and easy response to gun-violence is to ban all guns. This may sound compassionate, at first. But compassion like that is both misplaced and harmful, when truth and common sense are lacking.

Is there really a solution to the irresponsibility of those whom are unable to properly and legally bear, maintain and operate a firearm? Absolutely not! We won't find any simple, single answer. But teaching our children that violence is wrong under any circumstances - even when necessary to protect their own lives - conditions them to be victims, and serves to devalue their lives in preference to the lives of the Harrises and the Klebolds of this world.

So do you think more "reasonable" gun laws are needed? Apparently, 20,000 still are not enough. Too easy access to firearms? The Brady Law was supposed to fix that.

If you choose to preach that guns harm people, consider first your competition. You are preaching to a young audience. Consider the fact that the majority of their influence is media driven. What is the media pushing? Sex and guns. Now that's tough competition!

Take a look at this site. It might help you in your pursuit.
http://pages.prodigy.net/krtq73aa/arms.htm

Best of luck,
jM
;)

Last edited:
Jmacgregor has a good post. We really can't help you with general research here, especially when the topic is so large and vague and really requires you to simply do the research!!! It's easy to find and is a well known topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back