Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Gun rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainman23

I was convicted of a felony when I was 18. Grand theft. "Laptop". Is the first time I've been in any trouble and the judge gave me a deferred sentence. After I finished with my parole, my firearms return to me by the parole board. And I was under the impression that my rights return because I was receiving a deferred sentence. I am in elk hunting outfitter and have been for more than 15 years. I have had no idea whatsoever that I did not have gun rights. I've always had my own weapons and I carried them and completed my job regularly without any worries. Recently I tried to buy new firearm and I was denied. Is this because of my felony or is there something else going on. I have not been in any trouble whatsoever sense other than maybe traffic violations. Who do I contact to get my rights back which I was under the impression have already been done.

Deferred adjudication doesn't mean the stain was removed.
Despite many tall tales to the contrary, that stain is never extinguished except by an executive pardon.
The Feds retain the prints, mugshot, and arrest detail.
They have also noted the conviction.
They own the gun system too, determining who buys guns and ammo.
Some people report expunging the record helps, others say it doesn't.
Many more say it doesn't, than those who claim it does.

Bottom line, unless it slips through the cracks, (apparently you haven't), only a pardon helps and heals.
Be smart, I'd rather be an unarmed FREE man, than a convicted felon caught with a firearm.

As far as a pardon goes, you've got to be rich and connected, or wait 30-40 years and try.
By then, who cares about guns, you're too busy trying to tread water to stay alive and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back