Weapons, Guns, Firearms Gun confiscated from brother, Can I get it back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordominc

To make a long story short, My brother had my pistol in a hotel room that was raided and contained a felony amount of drugs. My grandfather gave the gun to my father just before he died, my father gave it to me just before he died, so it has sentimental value. My brother is now facing numerous drug and weopons charges that were all combined into a concpiracy and went federal. His new attorney says he wants to first get the Unlawful possesion of a weapon charge dropped BUT that the weapon has to be forfeited. I asked about it because it seems that if the charge is dropped the weapon should be released back to the owner. Is there anything I can do to get it back?

It will depend on the laws in your un-named state. But, if it was seized as a result of his crime, the chances are very slim that it will be released to you.

- Carl

Why did you loan your brother the gun in the first place? If he should not have been in possession of it, then you can face criminal charges.

Do you have any documents that the gun legally belongs to you? Is it registered in your name? Then, it could come back to bite you, (you know where), like Duranie said. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back