Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Guilty until proven Innocent

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew

:confused:In Nov. /Dec. 2005, I was hiking near an abandoned military housing complex. I was arrested and charged w/ Burglary, etc... Due to my indigence I was not able to retain council and was appointed a P-D {Public Defender}.
At each stage of the court proceedings I had a different P-D, and all they wanted was for me to take a deal. Even at the Prelim. hearing when the D.A. could not produce "any" evidence to support the charges, The P-D did not motion for a dismissal, instead I was released on O.R. , only to return to more aggravation with more court dates and "NO" results.
Last Year(2007) I was driving to the court house for yet another hearing "on the same case", and due to a traffic accident in front of me , I would be delayed. I immediately called the Public Defenders office and informed them I would be 20-min. late. Upon arrival at the Court I was remanded into custody because no one informed the Clerk "or" Judge that I was delayed due to a traffic accident.
After 3-weeks incarcerated and the P-D was doing nothing to represent me , I requested a "Conflict Panel Attorney" however, I was denied.
I am the Sole provider for my Family and I needed to be released to care for my disabled Wife. I broke down and took the {D.A.'s} offer of up to 16-months state prison for the Burglary charge with the condition I be released right then on a "Cruz waiver" and return for sentencing in 2-months.
I knew I had made the mistake of "Pleading Guilty" and when I returned to Court 2-months later, I wanted to Withdrawal the "Guilty Plea" and fight the charges head on. I was denied the Plea Withdrawal and the sentencing was postponed for 6-weeks. I never returned to Court.
I desperately need help to resolve this Legal matter, I do not like living in fear of being re-incarcerated for a crime I did not commit.
"Please Help"
Matthew G. Richards
I cannot afford a lot due to I work part-time and go to College full-time.
*Would you "please" consider taking my case "Pro-Bono"?*

This is not the site to hire an attorney. You need to look locally at criminal defense attorneys in your area. Many of them will charge nothing for initial consultation. Be sure there is no fee when you make your appointment. Also, note these are high pressure situations but be firm if you want some time before hiring them. Good Luck. Maybe you can complain of ineffective counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back