Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Guilty of MIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jboey901

ok so i go and meet up at a park in the parking lot with a couple of friends to figure out what we're going to do that night. no alcohol is present. then two "friends" mitch and matt drive up. mitch is 16 and matt is 14. mitch had just stolen a 750 of tequila and matt was a look out. the bottle is taken out of mitch's car by matt, but not opened at any point in the night. matt procedes to show us the bottle and then walks away. i am about to leave and take matt home and go to a friends house. matt doesnt have the bottle wit him anymore, so i find it ok to take him home. this is when we see 2 cop cars driving and are goin to come by us. so i get out of my car. matt thinks that they are just goin to drive by, so w/out me knowing, matt takes the bottle that was sittin on the curb, and throws it in the glove box of my car because he thought the cops would drive by and see it. there are 2 other cars present and about 10 other people in the parkin lot. the cops stop and pull up into the parking lot and procede to make matt, mitch, and me stay. they say they smell marijuana, and true there was marijuana present in the lot, but it was in the other two cars and had been smoked by the other people in the lot. but of course, the cops tell them to go home, and make matt, mitch, and me stay. as theyre directing the others to leave. matt tells me about puttin the tequila in my car. the cop then asks us if we'd been smokin or drinking. we all say no and are breathalized and its .000's all around. then the cop asks if theres any alcohol in my vehicle. and i say yes and he finds it. so....my questions are, should i still be guilty of MIP? and were the cops correct in lettin everybody else leave execpt us? obviously it wasnt purposely "planted" on me, but in a way it was. and matt and others present will testify that he put it in my car as the cops were driving up. matt, mitch, and i were given MIP and matt and mitch were also charged with larsony. i guess im just confused about the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back