Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Guidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyanne

Hi there,

Hopefully you can give me some advice. In 1992 I was having dinner with my at the time fiance'. During dinner he broke off the engagement and I had two glasses of wine. As I was driving home the x-fiance' drove me off the road. My car was totaled and so was I. I was bay-flighted out with head and multiple injuries. Later I recieved in the mail a charge for DUI for failure to take a test! I was unconsious! I hired an attorney who was a joke, in that, I was charged with the DUI based on IF I ate a full meal and If I weighed a certain amount and IF enough time had lapsed. Thecharge was Miademeanor the Sentence was Terminated and the Disposition was Probation-Guilty After Trial.

Thats one problem. In 1996 I rented me home to a woman with two kids who professed she was struggling with no child support and was on Housing. Like a ding dong I felt sorry for her because I raise two children by myself with no support from anyone. Long story short she vacated the property leaving $7,000 damage and two months left on the lease. I called the Housing Authority when I learned of her vacating the property to inform them. They said I had to pay them back for the two months she was not there regardless of the documented damage. I agreed to pay the housing authority back after I found her through private investigaters,take her to small claims, win get my money, and then pay the housing authority back. In the mean time the housing authority sent an un-certified letter to a bad address (which I never recieved) indicating if I did not pay them back the $469.00 over payment they would file charges of Public Assistance Fraud. Charges were filed Offense- Public Assistance Fraud, Charge Class-Felony, Disposition Adjudication Withheld. What can I do to clear my record? I won small claims,she filed bankruptcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back