Guidance plz regarding Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh3ttoRoM3o

I'm in a sticky situation right now and honestly I'd so confused and don't know where to go from here. Would really appreciate any help at all. I tried to find an answer using google, but it lead me to this site which does sound like it could help.

I'll try to give as much information as I can.

Back in September I had purchased a World of Warcraft account from an Eric Sui for the amount of $450. I logged in happily changed all the details, and went about my business playing the game. Today I tried to login for the first time in a little while and got the message my password was incorrect. Now I know I didn't forget my password so I went to the "Forgot Password" Link and noticed that the security question was changed. I gave Blizzard a call and they told me that the original owner did indeed go through a process as to get his account back (Verifying himself via notorized ID, etc).

I've tried to contact him first to no avail. Tried email, as well as his AIM SN which is still on atm but still no responce (been about an hour on AIM).

Well I figured my next step would be to contact Paypal. Waited till 7am EST (when their call center opens) and talked to a lady who said that their protection does not cover virtual goods, and that I would have to contact the seller to resolve this.

When we did the transaction I did request it to be done through paypal and I have a reciept for that. Is there anything I can do in my situation? $450 + $77.94 (6 months prepay service fee) is too much for me to let slide by.

Blizzard told me to look at the IFCC.gov site which I did take a look at and filed a claim there as well. Was this a right move? If you need anymore information please let me know.

Sorry no it wasn't purchased through ebay, at the time there was still 6 days left and I had contacted the seller to see if I could buy it out early for a little more.

OUCH! :eek:

This is why they advise you not to deal outside of... bleurgh, bleurgh... you know the drill... :(

Have you got this individual's full name and address?

Small claims perhaps?

(hopefully a helpful suggestion as I am not in the US but of course you would need to check your country's requirements for this)

JJ.

Sorry for late responce, been waiting on a responce from the IFCC, which they have yet to respond to.

Only thing I have from him is:

Name Eric Siu.
Email Address: esiu001@student.ucr.edu

Don't have his real address tho. Googled UCR.Edu, and came up with University of California Riverside. So taking it as he's a student there. Still have the paypal reciept and everything. I'd also be willing to take him to small claims court if possible. What would I go about doing to do so? I'm going to google it right after I post this.

Gh3ttoRoM3o said:
I'm in a sticky situation right now and honestly I'd so confused and don't know where to go from here. Would really appreciate any help at all. I tried to find an answer using google, but it lead me to this site which does sound like it could help.

I'll try to give as much information as I can.

Back in September I had purchased a World of Warcraft account from an Eric Sui for the amount of $450. I logged in happily changed all the details, and went about my business playing the game. Today I tried to login for the first time in a little while and got the message my password was incorrect. Now I know I didn't forget my password so I went to the "Forgot Password" Link and noticed that the security question was changed. I gave Blizzard a call and they told me that the original owner did indeed go through a process as to get his account back (Verifying himself via notorized ID, etc).

I've tried to contact him first to no avail. Tried email, as well as his AIM SN which is still on atm but still no responce (been about an hour on AIM).

Well I figured my next step would be to contact Paypal. Waited till 7am EST (when their call center opens) and talked to a lady who said that their protection does not cover virtual goods, and that I would have to contact the seller to resolve this.

When we did the transaction I did request it to be done through paypal and I have a reciept for that. Is there anything I can do in my situation? $450 + $77.94 (6 months prepay service fee) is too much for me to let slide by.

Blizzard told me to look at the IFCC.gov site which I did take a look at and filed a claim there as well. Was this a right move? If you need anymore information please let me know.
Blizzard is a reputable company. To begin, do you have the original disks, serial numbers etc.? Do you have a receipt that you paid this person? You may want to file a dispute with Blizzard that this owner is not the owner and you have proof to provide to them. They can always suspend this person's account until resolved and you bet that he will surface. He might have a difficult time explaining how you have all his original disks including a Paypal receipt for the purchase.

Let us know what happens. I love Diablo! :D

Sadly no discs. The only thing he gave me at the time was the username and password. At the time I was brand new to WOW and hadn't read the EULA yet, and just read the part that read:

B. You may permanently transfer ownership of the Game and all parts thereof, and all of your rights and obligations under the License Agreement, to another by physically transferring the CD-ROM, all original packaging, and all Manuals or other documentation associated with the Game, and by removing from all of your home or personal computers and destroying any remaining materials concerning the Game in your possession or control, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement. The transferor (i.e., you), and not the Licensor, agrees to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, duties, withholdings, assessments, and the like, together with any interest, penalties, and additions imposed in connection with such transfer.

Not too long ago. I showed them a picture of the receipt and their reply was:

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment. The selling or transfer of World of Warcraft accounts, characters, and/or items is against the Terms of Use - (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/termsofuse.shtml). The name listed on an account is considered to be the account's permanent owner. Any and all accounts found in violation of these Terms are subject to locks or permanent closure.

As such, we are unable to assist you in retrieving this account, however, you may give us a call and have your card removed from the account to prevent further billing. Billing representatives are on hand to take your call Monday thru Friday between 9am and 6pm PST, at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

We look forward to helping you get this resolved. You may be able to retrieve the money lost from your credit card company by filing a dispute, this will result in the account being locked for the duration of the pre-paid time, but if you do not have access, this will not affect you directly.

**NOTE: For security purposes, Billing & Account Services cannot discuss or modify account specific details via email.**

Have one question about that actually. Regarding the Creditcard chargeback I wouldn't be able to do that since I had used Paypal as a median (thought the covered untangible goods), right?

Searching through my mail just now I did refind his ebay username Superwow123, and in there it says his location is Moreno Valley, California. Just now also used whitepages.com and saw a link for a people finder, it's called intelus.com. Typed in his name but it's producing one result, age 25 location is in Sacramento tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back