Greetings! I hope I can get help for a female friend in Sarawak, Malaysia; THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGM1973

Greetings,

My name is Ken, and I'm a resident of the USA. I have a VERY DEAR friend of mine who lives in Sarawak, Malaysia. Recently, she's had a NUMBER of VERY SERIOUS issues -- ALL of which are NOT her fault, WHATSOEVER. She's an EXTRAORDINARILY KIND-HEARTED, GOOD and DECENT individual, and her & I have been VERY GOOD FRIENDS for a while now.

A few weeks ago, her ex-husband stormed into HER house. They ARE LEGALLY DIVORCED, by the way. I believe a niece or nephew of my friend opened the door & he rushed in. My friend and her ex-husband had children together: 2 sons and a daughter. Her ex-husband stormed into HER house (which is STILL in HER name) and chased her out of HER OWN home. He ended up taking the 2 sons, and she fled with her daughter. My friend ended up going to her mother's house with her daughter. I asked her why she did NOT call the cops, and she was afraid that it would only make matters worse. She added that her ex-husband stated that he'd send his friends out after her (which I TRULY believe is just him trying to scare her). I HONESTLY believe that she's just VERY AFRAID/FRIGHTENED/SCARED/DOWNRIGHT INTIMIDATED by her ex-husband. As I stated before, I AM INDEED a resident of the USA. Over the years, I've come across and befriended a GOOD DEAL of females who've ALSO been in the VERY SAME/SIMILAR situation as my friend. She DID tell me that she does NOT have FULL CUSTODY of the children; however, her ex-husband had ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTODY, WHATSOEVER! I'm NOT sure EXACTLY WHAT/HOW the laws are in Malaysia, but in the USA, this would MOST DEFINITELY amount to KIDNAPPING. I VERY STONGLY BELIEVE that the cops and the courts would MOST DEFINITELY back HER up INSTEAD OF her ex-husband -- given the fact that she DID SUCCESSFULLY DIVORCE him and she had AT LEAST SOME TYPE of child custody.

However, there's MORE to this that what I've stated above. She used to work as a director in her ex-husband's company. When they divorced, she was given some type of allowance. Unfortunately, he fired her & cut off her allowance. She currently has NO SOURCE of income, WHATSOEVER. Therefore, she's financially indigent/impoverished/destitute. I'm thinking that if she DOES INDEED make a statement to the police and press charges against this EVIL MONSTER of an ex-husband, then she would MOST DEFINITELY obtain FULL CUSTODY of the 2 sons and also get her house back. However, her ex-husband would MOST DEFINITELY go to jail. How would she go about keeping the house, supporting her children AND herself? You can see that this IS INDEED QUITE COMPLICATED, AT BEST.

Is there any way in which my friend could obtain "pro bono" (as in, FREE) and/or VERY LOW-COST legal representation in order to obtain FULL CUSTODY of her children AND get HER OWN house back? I understand that there is a Legal Aid Bureau that's been set up under the Prime Minister's Department and there's also The Biro Bantuan Guaman (BBG). Would this be of use/value in assisting her?

Since she currently has NO SOURCE of income, are they any types of welfare assistance agencies that could financially assist her?

Also, my Malaysian friend has been having a LOT of dental problems and VERY EXTREME tooth pain. I understand that there is a Sarawak Ministry of Environment and Public Health and the Sarawak Health Department. Would these govenmental bodies/agencies be able to provide either FREE or VERY LOW-COST dental care/clinics/etc.?

In addition, her young daughter hasn't been feeling well (flu/fever/diarrhea), and her mother hasn't been feeling well either. Due to my friend's current financial situation, could any such FREE/low-cost assistance also be offered to them as well?

ANY/ALL information -- names, phone numbers, fax numbers, web sites, locations/addresses, etc. -- would be GREATLY and INFINITELY appreciated! Also, thank you VERY, VERY MUCH for taking time out of your busy schedule to read this and for ANY/ALL suggestions/recommendations/advice/input/information you can provide! I KNOW that it's a NUMBER of things I've listed here, but I'm just trying to cover ANY/ALL issues that my Malaysian friend is currently facing and provide her with more HOPE, and IF POSSIBLE, MORE OPTIONS at her disposal.

MOST SINCERELY, THANKFULLY and GRATEFULLY,
Ken Mac Pherson
KGM1973 at gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back