Permanent Residency Greencard renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobot22

Hi,

I have a warrant of arrest in connecticut for assault 3rd degree and breach of peace 2nd degree, my question is will my warrant of arrest affect my renewal? or can they deport me if i try to send my greencard renewal request?
thank you in advance.

Generally ICE only cares about felonies. However, you need to take care of this before it becomes more than you want. Go appear and get this taken care of. It's not going to be that bad if you just face it and go on. Then your Green Card status is not a problem. If it is outstanding, there could be a problem with your green card because you don't respect the laws.

so can i send my renewal because its expiring january of 2010? i will take care of it but dont have enough money to go to connecticut and pay for a lawyer because i live in california now!

thank you very much!

Leaving the charges in CT is not a wise idea. I don't know if it will affect your green card. It certainly could if you are not dealing with them. Legal types look down on OPEN WARRANTS. It doesn't matter that you "don't have the money." You think it will cost a lot now? Wait until you are stopped on a traffic ticket in CA and they Jail you to deport you to CT for 3 months to face trial then. You are doing a very silly thing trying to get away with what you are doing. It is possible they won't extradite on a misdemeanor, but it is also very possible that if you don't do something about it your green card will be in danger.

I will take care of it! my greencard is expiring and if it expired ima lose my job thats why i was asking if i can renew it first! and i already got pulled over many times they ran my name but they didnt arrest me i guess its because its outside the jurisdiction, i will have to definately take care of the warrant soon but my greencard is expiring

thank you!

I suppose they are misdemeanors so they don't hold you for extradition. It is possible that it will not affect your greencard status but I wouldn't chance it. You can take care of this and have it off your back forever. Good luck.

i have one more question. i accepted a job but my green card is expiring january 2010 will they let me go when my green card expires? thank you very much for all the advice!

god bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back