Green Point Mortgage unethical practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ednudelman

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am seeking advice on how to show my Mortgage Lender that there are powers that can protect consumers against uncontrolled unethical behavior.
All of a sudden I'm receiving a letter from GreenPoint stating that a month ago they requested a copy of my property insurance. According to them my policy was expiring and they wanted to see the renewal. They say that because the information was not provided they are now immediatly issuing a $2500 policy on my name at my expense. They even went as far as sending me the copy of the new insurance.
The truth is that I've never seen that letter that they claim was mailed one month ago. Another oddity is that in August (when my closing took place) I provided them with a copy of one-year policy. That policy is still active and will not expire for another half a year.
Knowing how GreenPoint acted during my closing I feel that this is going to be one more exhaustive battle.
Can you please provide me with advice on how to organize my approach to bring justice into this situation without significant health losses.

I will appreciate any help in resolving this matter.
Sincerely,

Ed Nudelman

I can't say that this is advice but more would seem to me to be a sensible approach: Have you ever spoken to them about this matter? If so, what did they say? Why do they feel that they have the right to hit you with the cost of the policy? Were you supposed to send them the copy of the policy per your mortgage agreement?

Originally posted by ed_nudelman
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am seeking advice on how to show my Mortgage Lender that there are powers that can protect consumers against uncontrolled unethical behavior.
All of a sudden I'm receiving a letter from GreenPoint stating that a month ago they requested a copy of my property insurance. According to them my policy was expiring and they wanted to see the renewal. They say that because the information was not provided they are now immediatly issuing a $2500 policy on my name at my expense. They even went as far as sending me the copy of the new insurance.
The truth is that I've never seen that letter that they claim was mailed one month ago. Another oddity is that in August (when my closing took place) I provided them with a copy of one-year policy. That policy is still active and will not expire for another half a year.
Knowing how GreenPoint acted during my closing I feel that this is going to be one more exhaustive battle.
Can you please provide me with advice on how to organize my approach to bring justice into this situation without significant health losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back