1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Green Card and Travel

Discussion in 'Green Card, Residency, Naturalization' started by scgator14, Jan 7, 2021.

1. scgator14

scgator14 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Georgia
    My wife will be receiving her Green Card soon. And we do a good bit of traveling.

I have seen where you must not be out of the country for more than six months. We must reside in the USA. Saying this, if we were to come back for say, two weeks, would we be able to travel again after and return prior to the six month time frame ends.

How long should we be in the country before we can go out again. Have seen where travel is okay but must retain residency in the USA. Our home, albeit a rental, will remain, once she has her social then she will be on my bank account, she will have a drivers license, be on the auto insurance with me and have many other things that show her residence here.

What are our limits?

2. flyingron

flyingron Well-Known Member

scgator14 likes this.
  3. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

Might be time to be a homebody for a bit.

scgator14 and justblue like this.
  4. flyingron

flyingron Well-Known Member

Good point. It's possible that until COVID gets under control a border might shutdown stranding you out of the country. Don't cut that six month time anywhere near close. Arguments that you couldn't get back aren't necessarily compelling.

scgator14 and justblue like this.
  5. scgator14

scgator14 Law Topic Starter New Member

With you. We have not yet even had the interview so this could still be a few months down the road.