Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Grand Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

l2hfasho

I was arrested for Grand Theft on November 18th. I was released the follwing day on a Pre-Trial Release Bond at my first appearance. The total of what was taken was $454.71. This also is my first offence, oh, I should probably mention I am 18 years of age. I signed a statement saying what I took, and was willing to pay restitution back to my employer before I was informed I was being arrested to my Employers loss prevention management, I did not see this statement in my files, and was not given a copy, the police officer who arrested me however did get a copy. I cannot afford a lawyer so I have been assigned a Public Defender, I have never had to go through this kind of situation so I'm completely lost, and have no idea on how to approach this. So I am wondering what kind of punishment I am looking at? I'm curious if you ( whoever helps me ) thinks I will be looking at jail time. Any help no matter how little will help in a very big way. Thank you very much for any help and taking the time to read my idiotic actions. :)

Your are charged with a felony! Talk to your Lawyer about reduced charge in exchange for guilty plea and any othe roption that might be available

Thank you for the quick response, and information you gave me, I didn't even know that was an option; I hope you don't mind if I ask some more questions..
Since it's only $154.00 over the Grand Theft amount do you think that will effect my sentencing at all? I know it's still a felony, but it's not a VERY LARGE amount over the amount to be considered grand theft. Also, with it being my first offense have any effect on what I receive? I've just read and saw that a lot of the times your first offense isn't as bad as multiple offenses, I don't know the credibility to these statements, just trying to get all the information I can.

Ask your attorney if it's possible to get the Grand Theft felony charges dropped down to petty theft misdemeanor since it is your first offesnse. Your attorney would be the best person to discuss this with you considering he/she knows your case better than we do.

Hi,

I read your post , i am not profession lawyer but i have some knowledge , i think you have to discuss with your lawyer for decrease the charge. thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back