Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Grand Larceny Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFarscape

I was recently arrested for grand larceny. These are the events that lead to my arrest. I was selling items on ebay. The winning bidders contacted me and sent payments by check via a online company (Qchex.com). It turns out these checks were generated using stolen account numbers. As I received the checks I depostied them and as they cleared I withdrew the cash and sent the buyers merchandise. 3 weeks - 6 weeks later the bank contacted me saying the checks were returned as unauthorized or fraudulent. I now owed the bank $6,500 as a result. They asked if I could repay them at $500 Monthly and I told them I counld not. They said they would speak to their superiors to see if they could get a lower monthly amount. Instead of hearing a reply I heard from an Investigator. I was asked for a statement in which I admitted to having my suspicions about the checks as problems started to happend and that I did not have any proof of sales as by now the incedents were over 6 months ago. I was not advised I could have an attorney present or my right to remain silent during the statement. Also the deposits and withdrawals took place in a different town then the one I was being charged by. The officer told me to make no attempt to pay the bank back and the bank subsequently refused any deposits. I had no prior knowledge that these checks would be fraudulent. Personnally I think the bank wants me to be found guilty so that they can get there money back from the FDIC. If they are, can I sue them for pursuing these allegations.
Joshua

Does any one have any advise on how I should go handle this case. The DA has offered probation if I plea to the felony charge. Please Help!

Been about two months since you posted

What happened?

I hope you got a lawyer, if he was willing to plea with you, a lawyer coulda hopefully gotten an even better deal for you.

What state do you reside in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back