Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Got caught shoplifting at Kohls, please help!

B

blahblah123

Jurisdiction
New York
I got caught shoplifting at Kohl's for $90 of merchandise. LP didn't call the cops and I returned the items. I'm 16 and I was with my mom, she signed the form saying I'm banned from all the stores without an adult. LP said I'd receive a fine (civil demand?) in the mail for up to 5x the amount of what I attempted to steal. The cops were never mentioned so will this go on my record? If I don't pay the civil demand, will I have to go to court? What should I do?

If you or mommy pays the tribute that'll be demanded, this will never be mentioned again.

If mommy doesn't pay, someone's credit could get dinged.

For more details wait until the letter arrives.

In the interim, consider NEVER STEALING, EVER!!!

Generally if the civil demand is paid, that will be the end of it.

No charges filed nor i didnt shoplifted . its just wanted to know the limitations thats it

The limitations are, don't STEAL.

Truth is, unless you've boosted thousands of dollars of loot, no one will bother pursuing you because you boosted a couple pair of manties and a manbra to enhance your manboobs!

Because you asked, I'll answer.

Any criminal prosecution must be commenced within 1 year after the offense is committed.

A prosecution could also commence when a warrant or other legal process, such as a summons or complaint has been issued.

The limitations are, don't STEAL.

Truth is, unless you've boosted thousands of dollars of loot, no one will bother pursuing you because you boosted a couple pair of manties and a manbra to enhance your manboobs!

Because you asked, I'll answer.

Any criminal prosecution must be commenced within 1 year after the offense is committed.

A prosecution could also commence when a warrant or other legal process, such as a summons or complaint has been issued.
But In Nj 200'$ Its comes under 4th degree crime. sol is 5 years . isnt it ?

Back