Parole, Probation Good Samaritan law applicable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinpheobe

I am on probation in Logan, Utah and have a suspended licence, a no alcohol clause, and am prohibited from associating with other people on probation. Last week my friend, who is also on probation, had been talking to me about killing herself. I talked my roommate into giving me a ride over to her house on the condition I would pick up a bottle of vodka for him on my way back from her house since he wouldn't have time to go before they closed if he gave me a ride. I went over to her house and she had cuts on her wrists and was crying in the bathroom, my roommate had already left but I didn't think it was safe for her to stay in her home but because she was intoxicated I wanted to try and talk her into reason before I took her to the hospital, so I drove her car to my house. On the way to my house we were pulled over for revoked registration for not having insurance. I got ticketed for not having insurance, registration or a legal license. I am also being charged with association and having possession of alcohol on a non alcohol clause. Can I plead not guilty to these charges so that I can seek legal advice? Would the Good Samaritan Law be applicable in these circumstances? What are my options? My original charge was for an MIP alcohol and possession of marijuana by consumption, I have completed or am in the process of completing all the instructions by the court and have not failed any urine tests.

I am on probation in Logan, Utah and have a suspended licence, a no alcohol clause, and am prohibited from associating with other people on probation. Last week my friend, who is also on probation, had been talking to me about killing herself. I talked my roommate into giving me a ride over to her house on the condition I would pick up a bottle of vodka for him on my way back from her house since he wouldn't have time to go before they closed if he gave me a ride. I went over to her house and she had cuts on her wrists and was crying in the bathroom, my roommate had already left but I didn't think it was safe for her to stay in her home but because she was intoxicated I wanted to try and talk her into reason before I took her to the hospital, so I drove her car to my house. On the way to my house we were pulled over for revoked registration for not having insurance. I got ticketed for not having insurance, registration or a legal license. I am also being charged with association and having possession of alcohol on a non alcohol clause. Can I plead not guilty to these charges so that I can seek legal advice? Would the Good Samaritan Law be applicable in these circumstances? What are my options? My original charge was for an MIP alcohol and possession of marijuana by consumption, I have completed or am in the process of completing all the instructions by the court and have not failed any urine tests.

You need to revisit your thoughts.

Good Samaritan Laws don't involve supplying people with alcohol.

My advice, plead not guilty, ask for a lawyer, SHUT UP, and discuss this ONLY with your lawyer.

You'd be revoked if you tried to sell that nonsense to me.

That said, you don't have to say anything.

The state has to PROVE what they assert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back