Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Going into a park in Boston after it closes

C

confusedinboston

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Hello,

I have been looking all over mass.gov for the answer to this question, but government websites are terrible.

Anyways, I was wondering what the penalty in Boston, MA is for going into a park after it closes (like if you didn't know it was closed and went in for a short period of time). Not saying I did trespass, but I honestly just want to know.

Thank you!

Hello,

I have been looking all over mass.gov for the answer to this question, but government websites are terrible.

Anyways, I was wondering what the penalty in Boston, MA is for going into a park after it closes (like if you didn't know it was closed and went in for a short period of time). Not saying I did trespass, but I honestly just want to know.

Thank you!

More than likely such an infraction is a very low order city ordinance violation, maybe even an infraction of some sort handled by "citing" and releasing the party involved.

The easiest way to know for sure is to ask at your local Boston Police Station, or in the park if you see a park ranger.

Be advised, if you were stopped for such an alleged violation, you're going to get "tossed", "rousted". and "interrogated"; especially if it happens during the wee hours after midnight.

Usually closing times are posted at all park entrances, to avoid inadvertent wanderers.

Save yourself the trouble, just don't go into the park after 10:00PM, or so, earlier if the closing times are earlier.

The police, rightly so, become very curious during the "witching" hours, because that's when the ghouls, goblins, ghosts, and other critters come out to "play" and/or "prey"!!!

Back