Goign to court tomorrow, never been. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

litljenarey

Hi,
It's too bad I didn't find this site until today. Hopefully someone can give me some advice before 9am tomorrow.

I live in Wilmington NC. I recieved a ticket for 50 in a 35. When the officer was speaking to me, he told me I was going 45 in a 35, but wrote 50 on the ticket. So, I'm pretty sure I wasn't on radar and he wasn't following me, so I don't know how he knew how fast I was going.
I've only had two other tickets in my life, one was for an accident (failure to yield) and the other was a stop sign (failure to yield to a traffic cotrol device) both were in FL about five years ago.
The officer told me I can go to court and go to traffic school and my insurance won't go up. So, that was my plan. Then my roommate, who is a legal secretary, told me that going to traffic school still increases your insurance rates and I should ask for a prayer for judgement. I asked my fiance, and he said I should pled not guilty and ask to see the police radar calibration (?) and they will dismiss the ticket because he can't prove my speed. The my roommate said if I do that, and I'm wrong, they will give me the worse thing possible. (Plus, I don't think I have the guts to try. I honestly don't really know how fast I was going, I was following traffic, and when the lights came on, I pulled over to let the cop by because I honestly didn't think he was trying to pull me over until he pulled over behind me)
To make things even worse, I was just laid off at work due to slow business, and just paid Fall tuition so I have absolutely no money and I don't know how I'm going to pay for any of this, regardless of the outcome. I'm not even sure I have enough gas money to get downtown to court.

Any suggestions about what to do? How do I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back