girlfriend fell and had seizure at target

C

crosshairgrin

Jurisdiction
California
just wondering because the way the employees were treating me like if they were really scared of getting sued or something...
we were there shopping, she said she felt like her blood sugar was low so we went to the food area and ordered a pretzel and cheese and drink, the lady was kinda taking forever getting it to us/getting my change for me, my girl said she was going to go sit at a table and she walked away from the counter. lady gives me my change i turn and my girlfriend is sitting on floor

so i run over to her and try and help her up and she looks at me, her eyes roll back, face gets all contorted and she says 'i cant' then her whole body tensed up straightened out and started convulsing, i yelled someone call 911 then i was talking to her 'baby get up' baby u okay come on 'call 911' again to the employee who was like someone say call 911 i said yes
i rolled her on her side per instructions of paramedics on phone she had foam and blood coming out of her mouth 911 finally arrived
long story short her bloodsugar was 40 they brought it up to 170 in ambulance then once in ER it was 40 again so they brought it back up

before i left the store tho, the employee said she got me a new pretzel and asked if i wanted new cheese i grabbed my old cup, she wanted to get me a new one but i said its fine, i was just really shaken up, the employee also was telling me that i can come back whenever to file an incident report... also asking me if theres anything else i need from the store like anything they can do for me for us...
kinda strikes me as weird, people in my experience arent usually that kind .

am i looking to far into this?

I'm really sorry for you if your life experience's have been such that someone being appropriately thoughtful of you is such that you are so suspicious of them.

Yes. You are looking far too far into this. They're not worried about being sued; they're concerned about a customer who was clearly ill.

I hope you're not always such a jerk and it's just because you're worried about your girlfriend. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's the case.

Agree with other responders. I don't see how the store can be responsible in any way since the fall was due to her medical condition. There is nothing to pursue in that regard.

Back