Getting my college Transcript.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amelia42188

I went to college in the fall through Northern Arizona University. I am not a resident of Arizona yet. I saw that the tuition to actually go there would be very high for me, so I decided to ask the college for other options. I called a few times and everyone at the guidance center that i spoke to said that it would be the same price (which was around $3000) for non-residents and residents to do online classes instead of attending school on campus. I thought this sounded good, so I enrolled. I paid the $3000 and started the semester. when i went to register for the spring semester in mid december, they told me that i had to pay out of state rates and i owed them 5000 for the previous semester, and if i wanted to continue i would have to pay 7000 for the spring semester. I said I didn't want to do this, and didn't know what to do, because i don't have 5000 to give them. i am out of school this semester, but want to go to a college in my home-state this fall but NAU won't transfer my transcripts because i owe them money. What can I do? I wasn't aware of these fees, and definitely did not sign anything saying that I would pay them. Don't I have any rights when it comes to this under FERPA laws? Please help, I need my transfer application to be complete in 3 weeks!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the same boat. My school would not release my transcripts no matter what. I was even making payments and they wouldn't let the transcripts go.
See if they will let you make arrangements to pay off the debt and then release the transcripts while you are making payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back