Get deposit from a landlord abroad

SwissFlyer

Jurisdiction
California
Hello,

When I was renting a room in Santa Cruz, CA, my landlord and his mother was systematically harassing me, then illegally evicted me and did not return to me the rest of the rent and the deposit.

The official landlord whose name was written on the lease and to whom I paid the rent possesses that house in Santa Cruz, but lives and works in Russia.

His mother who was representing him lives in that house, but supposedly does not have a bank account, perhaps not employed, does not have a car etc.

If I get a judgement against them, would there be any way to enforce it and get my rent and deposit back?

Hello,

When I was renting a room in Santa Cruz, CA, my landlord and his mother was systematically harassing me, then illegally evicted me and did not return to me the rest of the rent and the deposit.

The official landlord (XXX) whose name was written on the lease and to whom I paid the rent possesses that house in Santa Cruz, but lives and works in Russia.

His mother (ZZZ) who was representing him lives in that house, but supposedly does not have a bank account, perhaps not employed, does not have a car etc.

If I get a judgement against them, would there be any way to enforce it and get my rent and deposit back?
It's extremely unlikely that you'll see any money, even if you win.

my landlord and his mother was systematically harassing me

Just so you're aware, this is a meaningless allegation without any facts to back it up.

then illegally evicted me

How so?

There is no conceivable way for anyone here to know this (beyond what "PayrollHRGuy" mentioned about putting a lien on the property).

Back