Naturalization, Citizenship German Citizenship Desires – Legal Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

esajh

My jurisdiction is: Germany - Living in UAE

I was born in Kitzengen Germany to an unwed German mother (citizen) – post war. My biological father and mother eventually married and I was, after time, moved to the USA. The US government, since my father acknowledged his child, granted me US citizenship and I grew up in the States.

My mother spoke only German to me as a child so I do speak the language. I don\t speak it fluently but like a child of 9 that has not spoken the language continuously in nearly half a century (my mother died when I was a pre-teen and my German conversational advancement and language skills enrichment ended with her.) I have not lived in the States for 7 years (not in Germany either) but desire to have the citizenship of my family members still living in Germany.

The USA, while a nice country for many, has never felt like my home since I was in my 20s, 30s or 40s (I honestly don't remember when my blood-line came into my medulla oblongata.) My blood is with my (now deceased) Oma and Opa and my living relatives in Germany. My desires are purely historical and not economical.

I am retired and have carefully planned my life (more of my conservative Germanic heritage) so I desire nothing from the German government except my citizenship.

From my understanding I believe I qualify for citizenship and desire input (negative or positive) as to the outcome. I have spent thousands of Euros on an attorney that simply saw me as an easy paycheck, but I desire qualifyable information from the forum or attorneys that practice in this specific area.

Thanks for the input

Last edited:
As I understand it getting citizenship in Germany can be quite hard. Their concern is having people come in and take up jobs, since, as I'm sure you know their ecconomy is bad. And it's not just the global ecconomy, they have had issues for many years. And it's no wonder when you go from town to town and one town has the bakery, the other town has the hardware store, but the problem being they are open goofy hours. A business in a smaller town might only be open for 4 or 5 hours in a day, if that.

Being that you are retired, it will be easier for you because you are not screwing up the job situation.

Here is a website that might be a really good start:

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Germany/Germany-Guide/Visas-Permits/Citizenship

Viel Glück

Danke TPAJET

Vielen Dank, aber dies ist für die aktuellen Daten noch kleinen Kindern. Ich verstehe auch, und haben gesehen, die internen probleme in Deutschland im Hinblick auf seine Wirtschaft.

Wie ich schon sagte mein Wunsch ist nicht in Deutschland arbeiten, habe ich getan, dass für 40 Jahre, sondern um meine deutschen Erbes. Meine persönliche wirtschaftliche Lage ist in Ordnung, und ich werde nicht alles aus Deutschland, sondern nur für sie - Steuern und so weiter.

Nochmals vielen Dank

Sorry, my German is still a bit rusty, but I get what you are saying.

If your finances are such that you do not need a job, then you will have a better shot, but still, they are reluctant to grant citizenship to anyone who is not already an EU citizen.

I would say contact the German immigrations office and go from there. In fact, I would guess you plan to visit first. Contact them when you are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back