Criminal Records, Expungement Georgia First Offenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcanburu

I've recently been convicted of a 3 Felonies. I was given weekends in jail (4 years) and 10 years probation. I was put on "First Offenders". My questions are

1 - Is my record sealed/expunged/clean (whatever you want to call it) now? or is that after I complete probation (10 years)

2 - I'm being charged with "Theft By Shoplifting" my lawyer told me it wont violate my "First Offenders" because it happened before I was put on first offenders but will it be sealed/expunged/whatever with everything else?

I'm cleaning up threads and noticed this hasn't gotten an answer in a while. :)

If you've been convicted of a series of felonies, I'd say that it's safe to say that your record was probably not sealed or expunged or cleaned just because you completed a probationary period. That may have just been a part of a reduced sentence. Typically records may be cleaned when (a) it doesn't not involve a felony crime, and (b) some crimes where there is no guilty plea, e.g. ACD, where a case is adjourned to a later date pending a dismissal as a result of a successful completion of a probationary period. I hope that you're almost done with this sentence and wish you the best of luck. Your lawyer probably knows best about the specific details of your case and what can be and what cannot be sealed or expunged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back