garnishment help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara84

•I am currently being garnished from a debit collector. As of right now they have already garnished more than half the amount owed. I am getting garnished because I failed to make the payments previously arrannged for me to make. They sent me a thing to appear in court at the end of april. THey sent this to me in Febuary. They started garnishing me the beginning of March. If I am not contesting this garnishment, do I need to appear. I called the people garnishing me and they said that as long as they are getting their money, thats all they are after. They also said that this court date would be to set up the garnishment. But like I said I am more than half paid already. I just don't want to get a a failure to appear. Nor do I want to take off work. Do, I need to appear? Thanks

They are setting you up to steal more of your money.

Your wages can't be attached without your approval or a court order.

If you fail to appear, they'll get a default judgment, again.

Then you'll see them steal more of your money.

Go to court, contest their bogus claim.

You'll save yourself some money!

So, if I understand you correctly they will take more out of my paychecks every week? I thought that they could only take a certain amount? I owe them 1,000 and I have currently paid 600. I guess I still am not understanding why I need to go. They take almost a hundred dollars out of my checks every week as it is, so i will be paid in about a month.

So, if I understand you correctly they will take more out of my paychecks every week? I thought that they could only take a certain amount? I owe them 1,000 and I have currently paid 600. I guess I still am not understanding why I need to go. They take almost a hundred dollars out of my checks every week as it is, so i will be paid in about a month.

You are being scammed.

The debt you are paying these scavengers most probably has exceeded the statute of limitations.
Thus, it can't legally be collected on, unless you take an affirmative step to pay the debt.
Just like you are doing.
Had you not done anything, they could not have collected a dime.
They want another default judgment to attach your wages for another debt.
They are like leeches, they suck you dry.

You have been conned.

The part I don't understand is why are they taking you to court if you are already paying by way of garnishment?

I'll tell you this, NEVER MISS A COURT DATE. NEVER.

What should I say and or do when I appear at this court date?

First of all, as the defendant, you are not required to say anything.
The plaintiff must prove the case.
If you appear, the plaintiff will request a continuance.
They want you to not appear.
They want a default judgment against you.
They have no case.

All you have to do is deny each and every allegation.
Make them prove their case.
Make them show what you signed.
Make them proive it is your signature.
They won't have the original documents.
They can't prove it.
You deny everything, you win.
These are scammers and con artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back