GAL for an Elder

Status
Not open for further replies.

canyouhelpme

Probate court an adult child seeks out Guardianship of their elder parent. The other sibling was told that they too had to petition the court or the first adult child who filed would get Guardianship, the only reason this adult child had to "acquire" guardian and conservator was due to THE State had started an investigation for the elder parent who only wanted to stay in their home and to be left alone. There was a GAL appointed to the parent. And he really didn't have this parents best interest at Hand as well as siding with the party who petition in the beginning. Why would this GAL not look at the valid and documented files on record from the banks and police department. This party is not a good person, and quite GREEDY!!!!

Agreed. I myself have seen some very strange things happening with regard to hearings concerning guardianships. While the guardian ad litems I have seen typically are professional and reasonably responsible, there are instances where they do not have enough information to make good decisions or may be swayed by the most influential party involved in the case. Disagreeable's suggestion is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back