fruad of disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorilyn

CA FL judge instructed disabled woman in oregon ,who was frauded out of california quitclaim worth $20k, to take perp to trial to sue. cannot physcially travel or sit through trial. cannot find someone to represent me.need referral to trial lawyer in this area.

That will be a very big problem for you. A defendant (the crook) has the right to confront and cross examine his/her accusers (plaintiff). You can be a plaintiff if you're not in the court room. The perp has the right to be sued in his/her home state. You have a big dilemma.

thank you army judge. to clarify your answer, did you mean i cannot be a plantiff if i am not in the courtroom? as the post said CAN be a plantiff. both are ok as if i can do a phone hearing on a trial like i did in family law court than i will. what I am understanding also being pointed out is that the defendant has the right to be in his own state. I know this same defendant has traveled on several other occassions to my state over custody battles with someone in the past and lost each time-but if that is not the case i would forgo seeking councel from that attys office who has history defending against perp.- is it different being sued for custody than trial? Am I able to even Try to hire an atty in my state as he may not do so even if he CAN. and if I hire an atty in CA to represent me would I have to be there? This does not seem right as people who cannot physically sit through court would not be able to defend themselves. i know...too many questions for this post.....anyone? any of the above would be helpful. thanks!

fraud of disabled

thank you army judge. to clarify your answer, did you mean i cannot be a plantiff if i am not in the courtroom? as the post said CAN be a plantiff. both are ok as if i can do a phone hearing on a trial like i did in family law court than i will. what I am understanding also being pointed out is that the defendant has the right to be in his own state. I know this same defendant has traveled on several other occassions to my state over custody battles with someone in the past and lost each time-but if that is not the case i would forgo seeking councel from that attys office who has history defending against perp.- is it different being sued for custody than trial? Am I able to even Try to hire an atty in my state as he may not do so even if he CAN. and if I hire an atty in CA to represent me would I have to be there? This does not seem right as people who cannot physically sit through court would not be able to defend themselves. i know...too many questions for this post.....anyone? any of the above would be helpful. thanks!

Yes, family law is completely different from criminal law.

You need an attorney in the state where the case is - it would appear California.

Loriyn, yes, some plaintiffs are allowed to appear by video or teleconference.
Your attorney can advise you on this.
I have seen exceptions made for people suffering from illnesses and accidents.
I hope it is allowed in your case.
I wish you good health and hope you get justice.

I certainly do hope that an exception can be made - it would be cruelly unjust if OP lost out just because she cannot physically attend :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back