Freedom vs. RoundPoint

I am trying to find proof of a civil case between RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing and Freedom Mortgage. I do not know what states the cases were filed in. I need someone with access to a tool like Lexis Nexis that can search and tell me when and where the cases were filed. They would have been after Feb 1, 2020. I am employee of one of the companies, fear my job is at risk and would like to know the status of the suits. The companies are not communicating with their employees.

I am trying to find proof of a civil case between RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing and Freedom Mortgage. I do not know what states the cases were filed in. I need someone with access to a tool like Lexis Nexis that can search and tell me when and where the cases were filed. They would have been after Feb 1, 2020. I am employee of one of the companies, fear my job is at risk and would like to know the status of the suits. The companies are not communicating with their employees.
Your best bet may be to reach out to a paralegal to do this research. Expect to pay appropriately.

EDIT: Generally, your employer is under no obligation to communicate anything about their ongoing legal matters to their employees.

I need someone with access to a tool like Lexis Nexis that can search and tell me when and where the cases were filed.

No you don't. All you need to is search at Google Scholar. If, however, you're talking about accessing the case docket, you're likely to be able to do that only through the court clerk's office and maybe the court's website.

They would have been after Feb 1, 2020.

They would have what?

I am employee of one of the companies . . . and would like to know the status of the suits. The companies are not communicating with their employees.

If you're an "employee of one of the companies," how do you know that the "companies" (plural) "are not communicating with their employees"?

Regardless, employers have no obligation to communicate with employees (in general) about litigation in which they are involved. Is there some reason why you would expect your employer to communicate with you about the lawsuit?

As Jack pointed out, there is a case in the Delaware Court of Chancery between the two corporations, and I'm guessing that's the case that you are looking for. The Delaware Court of Chancery is a court that, among other things, resolves disputes concerning the internal matters of corporations, like disputes between a corporation and its shareholders, or disputes between two corporations on matters such as mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, etc. Indeed, the court has a strong reputation in the corporate world for fairly quickly and effectively dealing with such lawsuits, which is one reason why many corporations are organized in that state. Given what that court does, I suspect that this case involves a dispute that has come up over the merger between the two companies that was announced last year.

Back