fraudulent used car dealership, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyac

3 months ago, my husband purchased an rv from a used car dealer. The dealer presented the rv as being his personal one and financed it to my husband. They did agreement and the rv was to be paid in full by Sept.15, 2011, on that date the title would be handed over after they received final payment. On 9/15/11, at 4:30 pm my husband and I arrived with full payment. To be told that they didn't have the title, that it was financed, and money was still owed, and that we could take the money and get certified funds and send to bank of wachovia, but the money that we owed wasn't enough to pay it off, this important bit of information was not mentioned before purchase. It was said that they owned vehicle.They also had to send money. My husband was very upset, because contract stated that no liens were on title. They had already received 7500 on vehicle and my husband told them that he wasn't giving any more money without title to vehicle. This morning at 255 am they came and repossessed the vehicle. My thing is that this used car dealer fraudulently misrepresented ownership and we just want to collect monies. Any legal advice and do anyone know a good civil lawyer that could handle this case. We are located in Franklinton, NC, but this car lot is out of Washington, NC.

I suggest you contact your county bar association for a referral. You might also ask your relatives, friend's, co-workers for such referrals.

You could try doing this yourself, in small claims court. But, that isn't easy. It is cheaper. Because a lawyer will want about $2,000 to take your case, paid in advance!!!!

Be advised, small claims isn't a slam dunk. Suing is easier than collecting. Google "small claims Your County, NC".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back