Fraudulent Charges and Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santropai

We were charged a late fee of $25 for not paying our monthly assessment on time. The rules and regulations have no time limit just the fifth of the month. On a notice of special assessments there is a notice of 7:00 pm, Our assessment was placed under the boards office before 7:00 on the 5th. They claimed that all board members were there at 5:45. They also state in a resonse to us that they can't sit around waiting for our check. They then proceeded to fine us $35 dollors for disposing of constuction material. The material that was disposed of was carpeting which was ruined due to a leak which also ruined our ceiling. This probably all stems from the fact that we disputed the boards assumption that it was our fault, when in actually there were units that had the same problem. But as far as the fine there is nothing in the rules or by=laws that says anything about disposal of carpeting, and yes the Waste disposal company did not charge the board anything which they just now have admitted. But the fine still stands because the letter I wrote to the board was misconstrued and written incorrectly. I needed to state the dimensions of such construction material. I have also been accused of knocking on other owners doors late at night demanding they sign a letter that we mailed to all unit owners to try and show there unhappiness with this board. They also said I interfered with a welder, I did not even know there was one on the property. My wife also has Crohns disease which acts up when you are under stress. The fees have been paid because we wanted to avoid any extra charges, but if you are aware of the article written by attorney Jeff Goldbeg about abusive boards, well then this is definitely one. So I need to know what means I should sue this board and for how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back