fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

secondwife

if you know there are illegal activities going on in the institution
that you are working for....how do you go about finding information to prove that ? i work for a credit union that i'm almost
positive has bank code violations & so much more ! there is alot
of covering up going on when the auditors come each year...& i
want to blow the whistle on this institution....please help! who do
i talk too!

It seems that you are employed by an employer that you dislike immensely and have read all about the Enron case. If you don't know about the fraud then you don't sound as though you are truly in a position to blow the whistle on them. If you are seeking information about questioning the legality of acts that you deal with every day, then you need to research the laws regarding those activities and decide what you want to do.

not true

your comment was rude & my situation has nothingto do with enron. this will be the last time i will post here because you are about as smart as my little toe !!!!!! what are your qualifications ...because you seem to jump all around questions?

I apologize if my comment seemed rude to you but it was meant to be informative rather than implying any negative tone. While the Enron case is truly a disaster, many are moving to hopefully improve the situation elsewhere and many are hoping to do something such as yourself. However, if you don't know of illegal activities occurring at your company then you are probably not in a position to be a "whistle blower." If you are hunting for damaging information about your employer within your company, you might subject yourself to uknown consequences. My point is that it usually isn't a good idea for someone who doesn't have firsthand knowledge of wrongdoing to go on a fishing expedition. Additionally, those who are witnesses are usually the ones who can provide the most information and are the more ideal candidates.

my apologies

i am sorry for my rude & childish comment, but many things are
going on within this institution that are not right! i just wanted
info on what i as an employee can do to prevent future employees
from having to deal with what i already do !!!!

That's OK and thank you for your comment. Many come here because they have a great deal on their mind and are in the midst of a difficult situation!

With regard to your situation, it seems that you do have firsthand knowledge about problems. Have you been subjected to some type of unwarranted abuse, such as being ordered or directed to perform illegal activities or lose your job? Think about what you want to accomplish -- if this is the case then perhaps a lawsuit against your employer is warranted. You should also think about whether your truly intend on working there after action is taken. I'm not sure what you want to do with the information you seek and how you intend to use it. What do you hope to accomplish? That is probably one thing you should think about.

Good Afternoon,
I have read the situation and understand where this person is coming from. If you were in her shoes and you work for a Credit Union and you knew this Credit Union was in fact violating the NCUA and Bank code violations, along wit the Fair Debt Collections Act to whom do you begain to contact. And if you knew on a first hand basis that every time the auditors came through majority of the loans that should not of been granted were not seen by the auditors then what do you do.

I think that my last post addresses this question. If the bank is a national bank, it is usually governed by the Comptroller of the Currency. However, in situations such as these, the State Attorney General is probably the most useful resource and the organization that will most likely prosecute the offenders. They may prove to be more responsive than federal organizations. Again, one might want to be careful although I certainly know how this person feels -- can make you sick to your stomach and difficult to wake up each day seeing the injustice and the unjust enrichment of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back