Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otro7780

A couple of years ago I was unknowingly involved in a scam. A fake cashiers check was written to me and deposited into my account; the bank allowed me to draw off of these funds before the check cleared. About 2 weeks later, the check kcame back as a fake check and my account was charged almost $4000.00. As a result, because I was unable to pay this entire amount; the bank put me on chexsystems. Because I am on chexsystems I am unable to open an account at any financial instiution.
I have filed bankruptcy and added this financial institution and any thing associated with that account to the bankruptcy, the bankruptcy has since been discharged and yet I am still recieving collection calls and letters. The bank refuses to remove my name from chexsystems.
I currently work at a different bank and cannot have an account there because of this; I am trying to clear my name, I never did anything intentionally, and I just want to be able to have a normal account and clear my name of any debt, which is what the bankruptcy was filed for.

What Can I legally do to get this issue resolved and clear my name??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back