Criminal Law fraud question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewho

I was dating a woman last year and was told that she was going to have to move back to israel because her visa had expired, she had been here for 2 years. I asked her to marry me because we had grown close and i couldnt stand the thought of us being seperated by that type of distance. We got married last march and soon things started to change. We moved in together, and everything was perfect but she had this boss that was only hiring israeli immigrants, and he did not want us close for some reason?? although she was my wife?? Anyway, she started to have to spend lots of hours away, and next thing you know, she just stopped talking to me and she packed all of her things one day when i wasnt home, and left to south beach miami without giving me anytype of contact information.

She left with a copy of my maryland state ID, a copy of my birth certificate, and a copy of my social security number. A couple of days later someone came in my apartment and took my television and my dvd player. It had to be someone associated with her, but the police told me that if I am married than they couldnt really do anything about it because i said that it was most likely her...??... Anyway we never had an interview, and it has been more than a full year now that we have been married, but i havent seen or heard from her in 4 months.

Her boss threatened one of my friends if he gave me any information about the job or their personal information regarding Nofar (my wife), police told me they cannot do anything about it, i contacted INS and filed a report......

what now? How do i get an annulment? or how do i get her to have somesort of legal consultation with me?

You need a consultation with a lawyer to see how to go about annulling the marriage. I think you have to put an ad in the newspaper where you think she may be (So. Beach Miami) for a certain number of days/weeks that you are taking legal action (annulment) and then if she doesn't respond you can procede. You contacted INS...what did they say? Do you have a Homeland Security Office in your city/state...maybe contact them and let them know about her boss. Do you know for sure she really was from Isreal? Let the forum know what happens.

P.S. I hope you changed your locks and notified the Social Security Administration about your number being copied by this woman. Notify your bank to let you know of any unusual activity on your account and check out your credit report for new accounts you did not open. Check it every month, even if it cost you money to get the report.

I am sorry for your troubles:(

Wow!

I truly feel for your situation, and I am not a lawyer either but I just wanted to stress to you about your security issues. If in fact your wife took all your personal information, please make sure to change your social security number, call your credit card companies and have your card numbers changed, change the locks to your home, and get a credit report monthly to make sure there is not suspicious activity that you didn't obtain yourself. This is all information to protect yourself, and also make sure she is off any bank accounts you might have had jointly. I know it's frustrating that you can't get answers from your wife as to why she did this to you, and it probably hurts a lot but you do have options. I believe you are entitled to an annulment on the bases of fraud, even if you had realtions with your wife and concimated the marriage, you can still have it annuled based on the fraud issue. I would contact a divorce attorney for a FREE consult, and they will tell you your rights for your state. I truly beleive what comes around goes around, so in the end you will come out on top and she won't for her sins. Keep your chin up, and always tell yourself that it's her loss and you deserve better. Good Luck! :)

It is not logical to me!

Was she a Conditional Resident? Because if she was than I'm sure she understood that her residency in the US is conditional, means if she really did what she has done to you, she must be aware of her volatile situation about her status.
I don't understand something here. Why would she have done what she has done to you if she had known the undesirable consequences to her Conditional Residency?
It is absolutely not logical to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back