Fraud medical billing now forwarded to collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyGold77

I made an appointment with a urologist and was informed that they accept my insurance which was United Health Care at the time, upon arrival I was running late so I came up to the window and tried to reschedule my appointment. The nurse wouldn't hear of it, she said that I must keep it and started to rush me in, she saw my insurance card and run it through also told me everything was fine. The appointment was rushed, they performed test on me which were unnecessary without even knowing my complaint, the doctor didn't even have a visit with me (he spend five minutes entering my info into the computer and told me to come back next time for a proper exam when I wasn't pressed for time). I was so appalled by the treatment of the doctor and his staff that I never came back. Six months later I received a bill from them demanding over $600 for services rendered. When I called they informed me that they only accept very few plans under my insurance and they didn't even know which plans it was. The response was 'We wait to submit the claim and see who gets approved or denied". Basically playing lottery with people's finances. I tried to explain to them that they mislead me into believing that my insurance was accepted. They told me that I wasn't the first to have the problem and that I must pay. I contacted the Medical Board and BBB but neither was any help. Now I'm being contacted by the collection agency demanding the money. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back