found innocent, court-ordered fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inocentdebt

Hi,

I was found innocent by a jury in a trespassing case in March 1998 in California. I was ordered to pay for the public defender's fees, to the tune of $2500 for the three weeks my appointed lawyer put into the case, since the DA decided to go to court at the time. At the time I was indigent and applied for relief, but did not get a favorable judge. I am now five years into graduate school, still have no money, a child, and have a collection agency telling me they are looking to collect the money for the County I was found innocent in.

I have some questions, but cannot find answers anywhere on the internet. So, perhaps someone can offer some ideas and insight.

1. Does a statute of limitation apply to this court order or is it enforceable indefinitely?

2. Can I sue the county for false arrest and repayment to the amount of $2500?

3. I have no signed agreement saying I will pay them back, although it is a court order on paper. Does the statue of limitation on paper agreements apply to this order?

4. Do I have any other recourse for not paying the County a court order 7 years after the innocent verdict?

Thanks for any ideas and clarification I can get from folks.

Read the print

Find every single possible paper from the day one and read every single print on it stating you will be requiered to repay the court expences, find every statement that refferrs to a different statue, such as "Defendant has received a copy of such and such and may be reffered to Statue 15 of this and that". Those are very important. If you would like you may scan the print and I can go thru it for you. bojan@mdawebproductions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back