forum lists personal information and address without my consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcdaybyday

I found a website tonight where a forum user published my personal address and other personal information on a public forum. Is this legal? Other than reporting them to their service provider, do I have any other recourse?

wcdaybyday said:
I found a website tonight where a forum user published my personal address and other personal information on a public forum. Is this legal? Other than reporting them to their service provider, do I have any other recourse?

Your address can be public information. It is very difficult to have any recourse against the poster unless you can prove some type of damages or that the poster did not have rights to publish the information, i.e. photos that were known to have been wrongfully taken from you, etc. What other information was posted?

Same thing just happened to my parents

Someone posted an ad on craig's list saying my parents were giving away Cubs tickets. They received numerous phone calls for about 2 hours. We suspect who did it but can not prove it. Craig's list will not provide private information without a subpoena or warrant. How do I go about getting that? The local police? Can this be considered harrassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back